Monday, January 26, 2009

I think I need a hat

I really do. I've come to the conclusion that this is the right time for me to start wearing hats. I will start tomorrow, if i can get one tomorrow.

I just realized I left my eyebrow color on a bit too long and now I'm looking very Grouch Marx-y. Nothing sexy about color stains.

Bad things come in threes. Last week :

1. Our bank account starts overdrafting. And you know how that is, one leads to another and another and another and before you know it, you have $312 in overdraft fees.

2. Miscarriage - devastaing

3. On Friday night someone (I'm not naming names here, but there's only two people who drive my car) drove my car into a median "I don't know why everyone' driving so slow, it's not that bad out here" CRASH. A broken ball joint, a busted control arm and $700 later...

Not a great week. But to be fair, the overdraft thing truly was the banks mistake and they refunded all our money and gave us a little extra for the trouble. Which was awesome. And we do have a savings fund to cover things like car problems, it just really sucks to write out that check.

But today's a new day and I feel good. Life goes on, day by day. We'll rebuild the saving fund. We will never forget our baby that never made it here, but will focus on the one that we have the the ones that we will have.

I was hanging out with some good friends tonight (even though I had to drive all the way to Grain Valley to see them) and was just struck by how amazing everyone has been through all this. I've gotten cards, e-mails, phone calls. People are quiet in their support and even when they don't know what to say, just the knowledge that they even care and are there for me is such a comfort. My friends truly are amazing, here and far away.

Tonight I had my hair all down in preparation to color it and could feel it swinging on my back, a new feeling for me, as my hair hasn't been this long since high school. Then that song I really like by Vincent Black Shadow came up in itunes and I find myself dancing around the kitchen to the deep twang of a stand up bass and the swing voice of the lead singer. The dog is dancing with me and it's snowing outside and I feel kinda like a hippie with all this long hair, but I like it.

We have decided to become a foster home for rescued dogs. Specifically border collies, and border collie mixes. When a dog is rescued from a bad situation, usually abuse or neglect, we will take them and rehabilitate them until they can find a forever home. We're really excited to see how it goes and to help dogs who really need it.

Rancid and Rise Against are touring together this spring. And now I won't have to stand in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment