Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rage and Grace



So wow, I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. It has been a couple of weeks and that's so odd for me. So anyway, what's new? I got a root canal and the filling did NOT fall out, regardless of what I thought late one night. In fact, it seems to be doing quite well. Ashley is home from her two week hiatus to Mpls and I am reminded of why I cherish her so much. And am reminded to cherish her. She is such an incredible blessing in my life. Speaking of blessings...I am not pregnant. As of today. I was talking to a friend today who is finally pregnant after years of trying, about how it's such a disappointment, every month. How for so many women, when they're late, it's that terrible sinking feeling, that oh, crap what am I going to do? And for others, when they're late, it's hope and rejoicing and excitement. It's so interesting that something so mundane can really cause so many different reactions. So anyway. Not pregnant. Kinda sad, but that's okay, we haven't been trying for long.

On another topic, I am starting a total money makeover for our family. I just made the finally payment on the surgery for Brian's arm yesterday. Now I am in the process of figuring out what we owe who. My goal is to have us completely debt free in two years. With enough money in savings to cover three months of expenses, from mortgage to daycare to groceries. That means no more credit cards ( we don't owe a lot, relatively speaking, but I still want it gone). I want my school loans paid off and any other random stuff too. I still have seven years left on my school loans, but if we really focus, I think w can do it. So lucky for all of you, you're along for the rid. I plan on journaling our progress. it occurs to me that I am 28 and have very little to show for it and if I really sit down and figure it out, we owe more than we are worth. That's not the legacy I want to leave for my children. I want to live free and not have to worry about money of interest rates of emergencies. I don't exactly live paycheck to paycheck, but close enough. I want a cushion in the bank. Money is a dumb thing to worry about and I'm doing what I cant to remove that from my life. Imagine! Living debt free, completely cash based except for our mortgage! We'll see. The first thing I need to do is cut up my credit cards, which I am avoiding by writing this blog. I'll do it tonight, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment