Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let's take the night off...

...from mental stress

Let's celebrate that we don't give a...

Oh man, turn it up! Sick of it All is the name of the band and the music is really speaking to me tonight. It occurs to me that I am incredible patient and stoic, but I do get tired. Tired of constantly being beat on. If I moved somewhere else would it be like this? One thing I've really noticed about this city it it's penchant for drama. And I hate drama. I feel like I really need a change in my life right now. I've got a few ideas to start working on, I just need to get going and do them. I want to get my shoulders tattooed. I want to tell all the liars that I know. I want to make my husband happy. I want to get dressed up and go out dancing. I want to wear high heels and pearls and sip champagne and laugh the night away. I want you to realize that I really don't care and leave me alone. I want to get lost in this little world where we make spaghetti carbonara for dinner and stack scotcheroos in the kitchen.

Ash and I went to dinner the other night and it occurred to me that sushi is really the worlds most perfect food. I enjoyed wonderful (if a bit juvenile) conversation with Ash as I munched on salty smooth edamame (boiled soybeans), ate crisp fresh tako sunumomo (super thin sliced cucumbers in sweet japanese vinegar with sliced octopus). The vegetable tempura at Sushi House is really unbeatable. Huge fresh chunks of sweet potatoes, butternut squash, onion, red peppers and broccoli flash fried and dipped in a savory sauce. When you take a bite of that sweet perfect squash, well, everything is right in the world, just for a moment.

Tuesday was a good night.

That's what we work for, those perfect moments. Do you have them? Moment when nothing could really make you happier? I mean, I usually have one at least everyday, just somedays I have more than others. In fact, just talking about sushi has made me feel better from my earlier tirade. Ashley's best friend is coming over to spend the night tomorrow and she is so excited. I think it will be fun. Interesting at least :) We're going to make macaroni and cheese and cookies. My kitchen will be a disaster.

The dog is dreaming and making funny sounds. I should go to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment