Monday, February 23, 2009

of grace and music

slow smooth vibes
music moving through the air
and I'm trying to catch the drift
but it's more fun to float along without really knowing why
are the lights dimming or is it just me
coffee buzz buzz buzzing
dance with me
it feels like love
it feels like maybe we are losing the war
but battle by battle
I can see the ink flowing
true true it will never fade
true true I don't lie
sometimes this skin just isn't enough
to contain
it's all I can do to stay inside of me
to keep from spilling out everywhere
another incredible mess
epic
proportions
true true I could never be like you
true true I do believe
it's so quiet sometimes
all I can do is stare around this room
every book another story
another world waiting to be opened
posters promising
something
I caught a glimpse of my arm today
and it struck me as very skinny and frail
delicate
it might have been the shirt I was wearing
true true it makes no sense to you
true true it's all about the rise and fall

grace

No comments:

Post a Comment