Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't you believe?

I don't know. I just have so much going on right now. Work is crazy and all I can think about is Romans 8:31 "If God is for us, who can be against us" And I feel like the brick wall that they're all beating against, but I'm tired of getting beat, but it's not me that they're beating on, it's God, give it to God, He'll take care of me and I remember Isaiah 40:31 "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength". And I think about my friend, the insomniac, who thinks she is slowly going crazy and I want to tell her Psalm 62:1 "my soul finds rest in God alone" but I don't think she even would know what that means, much less actually go for it, just do it. I feel like I rely on God more and more, which I know is right, what I'm supposed to do, I just feel so overwhelmed sometimes. And I have a hard time voicing how I feel about God. How I believe and that's all you have to do too. How He is such an integral part of my everyday, and if you would just let go, give it to him, you could have peace and joy and comfort too. But how do you do that? How do you teach someone to let go? How do you convince them that it's God, it's not you, that got you here? I can quote verses all day and they uplift me and give me peace and hope and joy, but how do you show that to someone else? I ache so much for this person that is hurting but she is so closed off, she won't listen, she doesn't believe. And it makes me want to cry, because healing is right there for her, she's looking for it, but won't take it. The Lord heals the broken, the wounded, all we have to do is accept it.

And then this other thing that I don't know what to do with. Is it a big deal? Do I blow it off or really push it? I pray that the Lord gives me wisdom cause I really need it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment